It’s no secret I super-big-fat-puffy-pink-heart LOVE Chick-fil-a, right? I mean, I’ve made that clear in the past, right? RIGHT? So I wanted to tap in to some facts about Chick-fil-a that you may not have known – be prepared. You may be shocked.
- Cow Appreciation Day – Ok. So unless you’ve been living under a social media rock, you may have already heard about Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-a. It’s done every year -typically around the second week of July. You can either dress in full cow garb, and snag an entire free meal at most locations, or dress as a partial cow and get a free entree. (Truth be told, depending on which location you visit, you may get an entire meal for even just a partial outfit.) You can get your cow costume started with their cow costume starter kit – or peruse Pinterest for even more elaborate ideas.
- FREE Ice Cream – So perhaps “free” ice cream isn’t completely accurate. However, did you know you can trade in a kids’ meal toy for a small ice cream? Yep. ‘sure can, with a choice of a cone or a cup. And if you have an extra super-cute kid, they may even throw in extra sprinkles.
- Recycle that Styrofoam – ….this, by far, has me the giddiest! Around the metro Atlanta, you can recycle your styrofoam cups and other materials. Until now, most styrofoam “recycling” I’d ever seen meant it was incinerated in a manner to release less nasty chemicals. However, CFA actually has a company that takes the styrofoam and re-uses it to make other products! You can learn about all the other ways Chick-fil-a is making strides in environmental responsibility.
- Secret’s in the Sauce – Ok, well not really a “secret”, but have you tried the new(ish) “Chick-fil-a sauce”?? It. Rocks. And I have it on good authority the sauce is a tasty combination of honey mustard, barbeque, and ranch. Yeah, I would imagine some folks were playing around in the back, and *boom* concocted an -ahem!- awesome-sauce idea!
- Mom Valet or Mobile Ordering - Yes. These things exist in specific locations! For the “mom valet” you can order in the drive-through, and ask to have a table set up with your order – I’ve even heard stories of table clothes, and the kiddie placemats being in place, as well. Then all do is schlep the kiddos inside, and *presto*, you’ve got your meal ready for you. OR, order from your mobile phone, and pay from your mobile device, and they’ll deliver your order right to your vehicle, in designated parking spaces. How. Cool. Is. THAT!?
- Bonus: Freebies - I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t tell you how to snag great freebies at Chick-fil-a, would I? First, make sure you “like” your locations’ Facebook page. (You can search for your location, if you’re not sure, then find their Facebook page.) Also, some locations offer freebies via text. So sign up for that with your local Chick-fil-a. You can call or ask in person for your location – OR, once again, utilize your locations Facebook page.
P.S. Please do not bring politics in to this post. Please believe me when I say I love and support folks, no matter whom they love. Period. But my Southern heart (and Southern booty) has a super-soft spot for delicious waffle fries, ahhh-mazing chicken, and sweet tea. Plain and simple. You do not have to agree with me, nor with Chick-fil-a’s politics. We are all entitled to our opinions and viewpoints. If you disagree with CFA’s viewpoints, I respect that – but I do not wish for this blog (MY blog) to be used as a soundstage for one’s political stance. Mmkay, y’all?
**This post may contain affiliate links.**