Y’all may know by now, I’m dealing with two super-finicky eaters, which is why I was delighted to try out Enfagrow as a part of this sponsored post program. Y’all may further know by now of my efforts to thwart those picky habits with a variety of picky-tot pleasers.
One thing that has emerged greatly since my children were born was the vast benefits of DHA, something that I cannot provide for my kids in things like regular cow’s milk – which they would chug all. day. long, if I let them! That’s why I was super-pleased to learn Enfagrow has DHA in their toddler products!
What the heck is so special about DHA, you ask… DHA is an omega-3 fatty acid and a key building block for the brain. Since 85% of brain growth happens within the first three years of a child’s life, it is important to maintain the recommended levels of DHA through the toddler years. Thankfully, Enfagrow comes in both powder form, as well as ready-to-drink boxes for your convenience. To learn more about the benefits of DHA in your toddler’s diet, visit Enfagrow’s website.
Here are my personal tips for getting nutrition in with Picky Tots:
- Sneak and Show – Yes, I’m a firm believer in continuing to expose kids to foods, even if they’ve expressed an established disinterest in it. Sometimes, it takes multiple times of TRYING a food for it’s taste to become tolerable. In the meantime, I continue to sneak in veggies any opportunity I can, like with my “Sneaky Sloppy Joes“, spinach pancakes, or Vitamix Applesauce. That way, while you’re continuing to expose your kids to nutritious foods while also still helping to provide them with what they need.
- Supplement – Even with exposure and hiding veggies, your child still may have nutritional gaps in his diet. This is where a supplement comes in quite handy. Children’s vitamins can be hit-and-miss: my daughter would NOT eat a chewable vitamin when she was 2, and the gummies did not have iron, something her pediatrician stressed she needed. Thus, a drink like Enfagrow is ideal for a child who still needs nutritional support, yet can’t get the nutrients needed from a vitamin.
- Talk to them! – I’ve found discussing nutrition, and the choices we make about what we eat, have helped. There was an episode of “Super Why” where they discussed why it wasn’t ok for Wyatt to only eat rice for dinner, and how King Eddie only ate Spaghetti, and why variety was important. That episode seemed to resonate with my daughter. We also LOVE The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Junk Food. Ok, so we just love the Berenstain Bears, period – but this book also does a great job of explaining what your body needs and why.
Would you like to try Enfagrow with your tot? I am pleased to be giving away an Enfagrow gift package that will include the following (ARV $38):
- One Toddler Transitions Can (21oz.)
- One Toddler Next Step Natural Milk Flavor Can (24oz.)
This one is super-simple, y’all. For a chance to win, leave a comment below about what they love about Enfagrow, or tell me why you want your toddler to try it.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. 18 YEARS AND OLDER ARE WHO ALREADY HAVE INTERNET ACCESS AND VALID E-MAIL ADDRESSES ARE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Promotion begins 9/8/2014 at 12:00 AM PST and ends at 11:59 PM PST on 9/24/2014. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Official Rules, eligibility, prize descriptions and odds disclosure are available at http://www.thesitsgirls.com/sweepstakes-official-rules/ . Sponsor: Mead Johnson & Company, LLC, 2400 West Lloyd Expressway, Evansville, IN 47721.
I received compensation and free Enfagrow for this post. Enfagrow would be happy to help you with your question. Please contact them at 1-800-BABY-123.Keep on saving! :o)
**Remember, y'all, this post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small amount of compensation when you purchase from my links, which I"ll totally blow on waffle fries and sweet tea, y'all!**