Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be another occasion for which to go in debt. On the contrary, there’s plenty of free, cheap, and frugal date night ideas around Atlanta -and anywhere – just put the leg work in to it ahead of time. Here are a few great Atlanta date night ideas, but most can be date night ideas for just about anywhere. And keep in mind, these date night ideas are great, not just for Valentine’s Day, but all year long!
Frugal Date Night Ideas around Atlanta (and Beyond!)
- Coffee Date. No, don’t run through your local coffee kiosk for this one. Actually scope out your semi-local coffee shops or coffee bars and take your special someone there. Find a quiet table and enjoy the coffee and conversation. I’m willing to bet that most of the time you share coffee, it’s when you are in a rush in the mornings. This will be a nice change and therefore a great date. Check Scoutmob for a local coffee shop near you!
- Dive Bar. Going out for drinks doesn’t have to be expensive. You can look for dive bar that offers cheap drinks and a unique atmosphere. These bars are often provide just about the best people watching opportunities that exist. Again, Scoutmob it, folks! (I swear, this isn’t an ad for Scoutmob. I just really like promoting free apps!)
- Hit the Trail. Take your special someone on a romantic hike and a bring a picnic along with you. Do an internet search for trails near year and their difficulty scale – or check out my list of free or cheap hikes around Atlanta. Be sure to choose one that makes sense for your fitness level (they range from super easy, park like strolls to more strenuous ones). Just be sure choose wisely so that you both have fun!
- Attend a Paint Night. Are you and/or your sweetheart artistic? Paint nights are very popular right now and many restaurants and local event centers are offering paint nights for a very reasonable rate. I’ve personally been to All Fired Up and would recommend them, and have heard great things about Painting with a Twist, too.
- Dinner and movie (at home). Dinner and movie at home can be very romantic! Just make sure to mix it up a bit so it’s not the same thing as every other night. Maybe the two of you can cook a meal together and enjoy each other’s company with a candlelit meal. Follow that up by snuggling on the sofa watching a movie. Or, if you’re near Studio Movie Grill, snag this great deal while it’s available!
- Take a YouTube lesson together. Learning is sexy. Lucky for those of us on a budget, there are lots of free classes available at our fingertips. From cooking to musical instruments to singing and drawing, you can learn just about anything on YouTube. Grab your honey, open up the laptop and learn a new skill together.
- Hit up happy hour. Many restaurants now offer happy hour discounts where you can order select food and drink items for half price! This is a great way to save and still go out!
- Play a game of miniature golf. When was the last time you played mini golf? I didn’t realize how cheap it was! And oh so fun too! Check Groupon for a potential mini-golf deal near you.
- Group game night. Valentine’s Day doesn’t always have to be just for two. Why not invite a group of friends over for a group game night and enjoy everyone’s company? It is free and fun, plus it will give you a chance to invite those friends that don’t h 73 answered questions ave a partner to spend the day with. You can never go wrong with a classic game like Pictionary, Phase 10, or try something new like Watch Ya Mouth or even Pie Face.
- Find a local musical act playing or check out an open mic night and pay a small cover fee for live music and entertainment.
- Explore Your City! There are tons of free and cheap things to do in Atlanta. You can also peruse sites like Groupon for restaurants and activities inspiration on the cheap, as well as Venue Kings and Goldstar for concerts, shows, and sporting events.
Keep on saving! :o)
**Remember, y'all, this post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small amount of compensation when you purchase from my links, which I"ll totally blow on waffle fries and sweet tea, y'all!**