This red, white, and blue pinwheel recipe is the perfect addition to your 4th of July get together! It’s simple and quick, and looks adorable when it’s all finished and cut up for serving. Don’t worry, it doesn’t taste “blue” either, there’s ranch mixed in there!
Red White and Blue Pinwheels
3 large flour tortillas
8 oz tub of whipped cream cheese
Blue food coloring
1 packet ranch dip/dressing mix
1 pack sliced provolone (or any other white cheese)
1 small sweet red pepper
This recipe does have blue food coloring in it, so if you try to stay away from food dyes you’ll want to check out an alternative like India Tree Natural Decorating Colours.
1. Pour the ranch packet into the cream cheese, mix well.
2. Squeeze blue food coloring into cream cheese, stir until desired color.
3. Spread cream cheese across tortillas.
4. Cover each tortilla with 4 pieces of cheese.
5. Cut pepper into thin strips and lay out across the top of the cheese.
6. Tightly roll up each tortilla.
7. Wrap each tortilla in plastic wrap and chill for at least 3o minutes.
8. Remove plastic wrap from chilled tortillas and slice before serving.
***FRUIT VERSION – If you want more of a dessert pinwheel, you can trade out the ranch mix for a half teaspoon of clear vanilla extract, and use sliced strawberries instead of the peppers. Yummy!
These pinwheels can be a tiny bit difficult to roll, as you want to make sure they are REALLY tight, so that they stay together when you slice them. Other than that, it’s a cute finger food that’s perfect for holiday get togethers. You could even change up the colors, doing green instead of blue for Christmas, or orange peppers and black coloring for Halloween!
Don’t forget to pin this patriotic pinwheel recipe for later, and be sure to share your pictures with me when you make it!Keep on saving! :o)
**Remember, y'all, this post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small amount of compensation when you purchase from my links, which I"ll totally blow on waffle fries and sweet tea, y'all!**