Publix Tips and Tricks
Are you a Publix shopper? Remember these tricks to their BOGO* sales:
- You do NOT have to buy two of the BOGO items; they cut the price in half for each item. This means that their BOGO sales will not result in free items, when matched with BOGO manufacture coupons.
- If you DO buy 2, you are allowed to use 2 coupons — one for each item.
- Don’t forget, Publix will double coupons up to 50 cents, which can make for GREAT deals!
- Publix has two sets of store coupon circulars they run, about every 2-3 weeks. One is yellow and the other is green. Always check their store coupons, to STACK with manufacture coupons. Sometimes the BOGO items will match both a store coupon and a manufacture coupon.
- Publix accepts competitor’s coupons. (Competitors will vary by location, so check with your store first to see which coupons they accept.) You may stack a competitor’s coupon with a manufacture coupon.
- You may NOT, however, stack a Publix coupon with a competitor’s coupon.
- Finally, their sales run Thursday through Wednesday**. Check out the Sunday Coupon Preview ahead of time to see if upcoming coupons can be used for that week’s sales!
Also, here is Publix’s coupon policy. I highly recommend you print this out, and keep with you when shopping there. Just in case. :o)
“Publix accepts manufacturers’ coupons (limit one per item), Publix coupons (originals only—no copies), valid Internet coupons, and coupons from nearby competitors identified by each Publix store. (Competitor names are posted at each Publix store.) We will accept coupons from competing pharmacies for prescriptions only. We will not accept percent-off-items or percent-off-total-order coupons. We will only accept coupons for identical merchandise we sell. Acceptance is subject to any restrictions on the coupon, and we reserve the right to limit quantities. Manager approval is needed for individual coupons above $5.00. For a buy-one-get-one free (BOGO) offer, each item is considered a separate sale. We will accept a manufacturer’s coupon and either a Publix or a competitor coupon on the same item. Dollars-off-total-order coupons will be limited to one Publix and one competitor coupon per order. The order total must be equal to or greater than the total purchase requirements indicated on the coupon(s) presented.” –obtained from Publix website 3-19-12
**Remember, y'all, this post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small amount of compensation when you purchase from my links, which I"ll totally blow on waffle fries and sweet tea, y'all!**