Do you want to celebrate Valentine’s Day the right way, without going into debt? Check out these 8 inexpensive, but still romantic gift ideas for her:
- A day off. If your wife or girlfriend is a mom, chances are, she hasn’t had a true day off in a very long time. This gift is easy. Take the opportunity to wake up early and take over care of the kids giving her time to sleep in. Give her some free time to read a book or take a nice, long bubble bath.
- A home cooked meal. Yep, you read that right. If your love is the one that typically cooks, a home cooked meal that she doesn’t have to cook is a gift in itself. Not confident in your culinary skills? Try one of these home-delivery services, that brings the fresh ingredients to your door, complete with instructions, like eMeals.
- Flowers. Why people spend so much on flowers is beyond me. You can walk into your local big box store and buy a dozen carnations for just a couple bucks or a dozen roses for $15ish. If your lady likes flowers, pick up one of these bouquets and surprise her with them.
- Make her a mix tape. Okay, so maybe “mix tape” sounds like something ripped 80s, but with thanks to MP3s and services such as iTunes and Amazon, you can easily create a Mix Tape Playlist featuring songs that are significant to you as a couple.
- Handwritten love letter. When was the last time that you wrote a love letter to your wife or your girlfriend? Have you ever written her a love letter? Take a little bit of time to handwrite a letter to her and she will cherish it always.
- Massage. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love getting a massage. One option for a low cost massage is to create a relaxed atmosphere in your bedroom and get some lotion or massage oil and give your lady a relaxing massage. Another option would be to give a gift certificate to a local massage therapy school, where the prices are significantly lower than an already licensed therapist.
- Chocolates. The way to a woman’s heart is chocolate. Isn’t that the saying? You can head on into the store and pick up some high quality chocolates for just a couple of dollars.
- Time. Many couples these days are lacking in time together. Between school, jobs, extra activities and all other responsibilities, there is just not a lot of time. Set aside some time to simply spend it with your wife or girlfriend, your relationship will gain from it.
Want to have a fun date? Check out these frugal date ideas, too! Got any other romantic gift ideas for her that won’t break the bank? Do share!
Keep on saving! :o)
**Remember, y'all, this post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small amount of compensation when you purchase from my links, which I"ll totally blow on waffle fries and sweet tea, y'all!**