What goes up must come down. And in the days of cheap gas, what goes down, must come back up, right? Argh, while we enjoyed gas prices hovering right under two bucks, it was inevitably fleeting. But no matter what the price of gas is, I am really enjoying reaping the benefits of Kroger’s fuel points rewards program.
A friend of mine recently posted his big savings on Facebook, during the low gas prices in the hay days, a few weeks ago. 99¢ a gallon = SWEET, right?!
Find out how you can make the most of this amazing program.
Ways to Save BIG on Gas at Kroger
- Use your Kroger card every. single. time. Period. Simply put, if you don’t scan that card or input your alternate id each time you shop at Kroger, you’re losing out. Each dollar spent on your Kroger card goes toward your fuel points rewards. For each $100 spent each month, you can get an additional 10¢ off per gallon. Remember: whenever you use your Kroger card at the Kroger gas pumps, you automatically get 3¢ off per gallon.
- I purchase a $200 Kroger gift card approximately every 2 months. Actually, I do this for all the major supermarkets at which I frequently shop. It helps keep me on a budget, for one. It also offers me a small piece of mind: I’d rather lose a gift card with no personal information attached to it, than my credit card or check card. Also, and more importantly, I earn Kroger fuel points off any gift card purchase. (And if I time it right, I can earn 4x fuel points several times a year.) And THEN, I earn those points again as I shop using that gift card. You earn points for any gift card you purchase at Kroger, but purchasing a Kroger gift card just allows for a little further benefit this way. (Also, because I use my rewards Mastercard to purchase the gift card, I earn additional cash back form my credit card. I also always pay credit cards IN FULL each month, otherwise this would NOT be a good idea.)
- At least once a week, fill out an online survey on your receipt. My friend Joyce, over at Mommy Talk Show, pointed this one out to me. Each time you complete an online survey, which takes no more than 5 minutes, you earn 50 Kroger fuel points – just for providing your feedback about your Kroger shopping experience. You may fill out a survey each and every time you shop at Kroger, but you may only earn your fuel points every seven days. This means, you could earn up to 200 fuel reward points each month!
- Buy Drugs. When you fill prescriptions at Kroger, you get 50 fuel points when you use your Kroger card. Simple. As. That.
- Finally, if you have a Kroger 1-2-3 Rewards Visa Card® the points can really add up fast. You get a single point per dollar on purchases outside of Kroger, double points per dollar on purchases within Kroger, and 3x points per dollar on Kroger family of store brands. PLUS, you’ll save an additional 25¢ per gallon for the first three months when you sign up. IF you can pay off the card in full each month, this is a great deal!
Follow these simple steps, and watch how quickly those savings add up. Do you have any additional tips for saving on gas at Kroger? Comment below with your ideas – I’d love to hear them!
FYI: Although I have worked with Kroger in the past, this is not a sponsored post. I’m not getting a dime out of this post, only the sheer satisfaction in knowing I’m helping to pass on the savings to y’all. 🙂Keep on saving! :o)
**Remember, y'all, this post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small amount of compensation when you purchase from my links, which I"ll totally blow on waffle fries and sweet tea, y'all!**