I was recently blessed to attend a blogger event at IKEA, where we toured the store and learned about some super-cool new tidbits about the store. In addition to getting to spend some time with my ahh-mazing local blogger pals (seriously, Atlanta has some of the very best!), we gained a deeper knowledge of the store -including the new catalog – and the kids had fun as well.
So, in my opinion IKEA items tend to sell themselves. I mean, who wouldn’t want a house full of the super-slick items you see in the IKEA catalog, right? So, I figured I would share some cool facts about IKEA, much like I did with recently Chick-fil-a. Who knows, you may just learn something in the process. (P.S. Have you signed up for your IKEA catalog? When you do, you’ll be able to download a coupon for a FREE entree at the IKEA restaurant!)
- Outreach – One thing I learned about the Atlanta IKEA store is their sponsorship of Wellspring Living. This is an organization that serves as a restoration program for teenage girls who are victims of DMST. They offer housing, therapy, and security to young girls, giving them hope and a fresh start – offering them lift skills, therapy, education, and confidence. So knowing IKEA support such a great cause only makes me want to shop there even more. Additionally, IKEA has partnered with over 30 other organizations around the world, as part of their IKEA foundation.
- “No Two Snowflakes are Alike” – Nor or any two IKEA home departments the same. Each tailors their stores to the demands of its’ market. The Atlanta store has researched its shoppers, and built home sets to reflect the needs of Atlanta area shoppers. For example, there are pseudo-balconies in the Atlanta store (and they’re as tricked out as you’d expect an IKEA balcony to be!) – but you won’t find that in areas where a balcony wouldn’t be in practical use for much of the year, like up North. Each store will have five “rooms” set up to reflect the current catalog, and that will be universal in every IKEA location, but the rest is customized for the store’s specific location. So each store brings its own adventure!
- Mattresses – Okay, not to get all sales-pitchy or anything, but …..did you know IKEA sold mattresses?!? Yep. Mattresses. At IKEA! And they’ve got standard spring mattresses, as well as comfy-cushy foam mattresses. Wanna hear cool? Many of the foam mattresses come all rolled up, like a little burrito – so getting it home is a wee bit easier. That means no more holding your hand out the window, holding on to that bulky mattress atop your car – while driving with the other hand, all while praying praying praying. 😉 Oh – and there’s this whole 25 year limited warranty, as well as a 90 day love-it-or-exchange-it policy. Why wouldn’t you get your next mattress here, y’all?!?
- Family Matters – What’s the easiest way to enjoy deeper savings at IKEA? Join, and then utilize their FREE membership service: IKEA Family. In addition to discounts throughout the store (and each month there are new discounts), you enjoy membership perks like extra time for children in the Småland Play Area, you can snag a complimentary coffee or hot tea in the restaurant, BOGO frozen yogurt when you join, and a chance to win a $100 gift card when you swipe your card. And an added, little known perk? You get discounts to local events and attractions, like Cirque de Soule, Atlantic Station, and more.
- Good Grub! – So we’re all well-aware of IKEA’s wildly famous Swedish meatballs, right? Welp, they’ve got an arsenal of other melt-in-your-mouth treats for you to enjoy, including their cinnamon rolls. And the coffee – well, did you know it’s trackable? Yep. As UTZ Certified Coffee, you can trace it, so you know precisely where it came from. Further, in keeping with IKEA’s philanthropic roots, for every healthy kids meal purchased, IKEA donates $1 towards Feeding America – and starting at $1.99, everyone wins there!
Now, would you like to enter for a chance to win a $100 gift card to IKEA? The giveaway will run from August 1 through August 31. It’s super-simple. First, comment below, sharing what you would MOST like from the IKEA 2015 catalog. Then, fill out the form below.
Good luck y’all!Keep on saving! :o)
**Remember, y'all, this post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small amount of compensation when you purchase from my links, which I"ll totally blow on waffle fries and sweet tea, y'all!**