Today while doing last minute stocking stuffer shopping, I grabbed a bag of Kraft peppermint marshmallows. My kids love marshmallows, and I thought the peppermint ones would be really tasty in their Christmas morning cocoa. Once I got home, Angel saw there was a recipe on the back and asked if she could make it for everyone. I love letting the kids cook and create in the kitchen, so of course I said sure!
Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn
1/2 tsp salt
12 cups air-popped popcorn (6-8 Tbs kernels)
1/2 cup dark chocolate morsels
1 stick unsalted butter
40 mini peppermint marshmallows
1. Heat oven to 275.
2. Add chocolate and butter into a microwaveable bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time until melted completely.
3. Stir in marshmallows and heat for 15 seconds at a time until melted.
4. Stir in salt.
5. Pour over popcorn and toss until coated.
6. Spread out on a greased baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, stir and bake for another 10 minutes until crisp.
This would make a great treat for a party, or a gift for someone special on your list. Adding in extra marshmallows after the mix cools can give it some extra color and texture. The original recipe called for semi-sweet chocolate, but we are big dark chocolate fans over here, so we used that instead. If I hadn’t used all of our mint flavoring on fudge this week, I would have added in a bit more to the chocolate mix, as it wasn’t *quite* as minty as we would have liked. Still delicious overall though!Keep on saving! :o)
**Remember, y'all, this post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small amount of compensation when you purchase from my links, which I"ll totally blow on waffle fries and sweet tea, y'all!**